Who is Elizabeth Quintanilla?
Elizabeth is a Marketing Gunslinger, Business Detective, collaborator, consultant, and speaker who focuses on understanding the customer perspective. She founded EQ Consultants Group, LLC and consults on a variety of topics, which include web technologies and strategies, social media and business, product management and marketing.
Elizabeth enjoys collaborating with marketing teams as part of her consulting practice. As part of her collaborative engagements, she has helped her clients with: market research, identifying and gathering stakeholders with their inputs, developing messaging and social channel strategies, and understanding the impact of emerging business trends and their implications for her customers. Elizabeth intuitively recognizes and understands customer needs. She advises and councils key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application while developing solutions to complex business problems.
Additionally, she enjoys coaching small businesses through their marketing concerns and speaking at various events.
Elizabeth actively serves as a City of Austin Commissioner on the Austin Community Technology and Telecommunications Commission. Previously, Elizabeth has volunteered as a Board Member of ProductCamp Austin and a Social Media Ambassador for the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GAHCC). In her limited spare time, she enjoys flying gliders, scuba diving, and triathlons.
Follow her on Twitter: @equintanilla
Positive, people-oriented, and performance-driven Business Detective, Marketing Gunslinger, collaborator, consultant, and speaker who focuses on understanding the customer perspective. Consulting on a variety of topics, which include web technologies and strategies, social business and media, product management and marketing.
With broad-base experience in multiple industries including both aerospace and IT industries, an expert communicator who can effectively explain complex concepts in understandable terms. Recognized for strong interpersonal skills and delivering high-quality creative solutions to ensure product and customer success. Additionally, actively involved in the community with interests ranging from both the technical and business arenas.
Over 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry; worked on a software project that impacts all the Jet Propulsion Laboratory space exploration missions.
Finished an MBA program at UT-Austin which allowed me to develop additional skills to define what makes a project successful while focusing on understanding, measuring, improving individual, team, and organizational performance all while understanding customer and market needs.
Passionate about solving problems with great teams and software while on schedule and on budget.
Marketing, Product Management, technology,and strategy: Software can solve many problems but it is equally important to understand your customer needs and the target market.
Additionally, actively involved in the community with interests ranging from both the technical and business arenas.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, adaptable to team based environments, and liaison between business and engineering teams - Inbound and Outbound Product Management: Requirements Analysis, Optimization, Business Intelligence, Social Networks, Social Media, Project Management, Agile, Business Process Management, and Use Cases
Austin Community Technology and Telecommunications Commission 2/11 to present
Founder of EQ Consultants Group, LLC 3/09 to present
• Consultant specializing in product management and marketing with highly developed analytical skills in project management, facilitator, and ability to exceed client expectations
• Providing consulting advice in delivering integrated social business and inbound marketing solutions for business using Internet technologies such as social media, SEO, online marketing best practices and web development using multiple Content Management Systems such as Drupal
• Expert Content Marketer and detective integrating social technologies for delivering market research
• Advise companies in determining their Marketing ROI by establishing metrics and taking a cost-based marketing approach to determine value of various marketing initiatives
• Identify & engage advocates, creating ongoing conversations with key influencers, generating Word of Mouth, buzz and viral marketing initiatives.
• City of Austin Commissioner and served as a ProductCamp Board Member and Co-Chair/Architect of Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GAHCC) Social Media Ambassador Program
- Product Professional: (8/07 – 2/09)
- • Improved training and product knowledge transfer by acting as a liaison and engaging several internal IBM teams and explained the technical and business value of the WebSphere Business Services Fabric product while simultaneously providing customer insight information to the development team
- • Delivered highly complex product presentations and documentation that were consumed by internal/external customers using WebSphere product knowledge and business perspectives
- • Wrote and executed software test scenarios based on Software Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Extreme Blue, MBA Intern – sponsored by the Linux Technology Center: (5/07 – 8/07)
- • Developed a business plan for an emerging opportunity within the IT Virtualization market
- • Teamed with IBM managers and technical leads to position project within the software portfolio
- • Gathered customer perspectives by interviewing IT managers and system administrators
- • Performed secondary market validation by synthesizing market intelligence reports
- Deputy Project Manager Intern
- • Increased productivity by identifying and training TX WIC on a new defect tracking system
Maintained this half-time position during my 2nd semester of a full-time MBA program
- • Raised efficiency by providing project management support a smart card project for TX WIC
- Engineer, Navigation and Flight Mechanics Section
- • Requirements Lead for the MONTE Navigation Software Project - Managed over 1400 requirements for replacing the entire spacecraft navigation software for all of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory missions - Identified functional requirements by interviewing 200+ engineers to replace - Facilitated the project scoping by working closely with the software development team - Determined impacts to routine procedures and worked with engineers to adapt to change
- • Analyzed, predicted, and managed spacecraft trajectories for the Mars Odyssey and MGS • Assisted the Relay Data Engineering Operations Team in evaluating the beacon data quality to support MER landing and ongoing surface operations
- • Performed covariance analysis for Mars Network evaluating the benefits of using orbit beacons for "Generation 3" entry, descent, and landing (EDL) systems demonstrating landing uncertainties less than a kilometer
- • Supported training navigation team members by documenting existing navigation software
- Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- • Analyzed design tradeoffs using various optimization techniques for reducing uncertainty in determining the position for Mars vehicles just after entry, descent, and landing (EDL)
- Master of Business Administration, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Master in Science, Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Bachelor in Science, Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, University of Texas, Austin, TX
Product Management Certification, Pragmatic Marketing, San Francisco, CA
- SKILLS SUMMARY
- Inbound and Outbound Product Management: Requirements Analysis, Optimization, Business Intelligence, Social Networks, Social Media, Project Management, Agile, Business Process Management, and Use Cases
- Familiarity with the Following Programming Languages and Software: Drupal, Objective-C, iPhone – SDK, Java, Python, Perl, PHP, MySQL, MATLAB, and Fortran
- IEEE Computer Society: Former Program Chair for the Austin Professional Chapter
- Fault Line Flyers: Current Board Member and Chief Duty Officer
- AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Consortium Fellowship Recipient
- 3rd place in 2006 Annual McCombs School of Business Pitch Party
- MEGA Group Award for MONTE Software Development
- Group Achievement Award for the Mars Ultrahigh Frequency Relay Operations Team
- Group Achievement Award for the Mars Exploration Rover Mission System Development Team
- National Science Foundation Fellowship Recipient
- U.T. College of Engineering – Outstanding Student Leadership Award
- FAA Private Pilot – Glider
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Your Chief Marketing Gunslinger,